Is there a limit to the amount of text I can enter on a page?
There is a limit of about 102,400 characters per input text box. If you are continuing to add to already large amounts of text in the input "textarea", please save a copy of your text on your own workstation. If you are using a Homework With Text Formatting type page, the HTML tags that are generated to implement the text formatting can build up if you continue to edit and never clear the input text area.
If you hit this problem, do the following:
Alternatively, you could try completely clearing all formatting from your page. To do this:
- In your web browser, go to the View page (not the Update page) and with your mouse cursor select all your text and copy it.
- Paste that text into a new word processing document - before you paste, select the single character in the new document and set the font size to 12
- In your browser, go to the Update page and Select All of your text using the browser's menu bar and Cut or Delete that selection
- Go back to the word processing document and Select All and Copy and then paste that into the now empty Update page's text box
- Enter your password and Submit the update.
- Go to the page's Update section. Click your cursor within the editing window, then hit CTRL-A to select all text.
- Hit CTRL-X to cut the text. This will copy the selection and clear the page.
- Open a plain-text document such as Notepad.
- Paste your text into the Notepad document. The text will appear as plain text, with no formatting.
- Select all text in the Notepad document, then hit CTRL-C to re-copy the plain text.
- Return to the Update section of the Homework With Text Formatting page, and paste the text back into the page.
- Use the formatting tools on the page to restore any desired formatting.