I'm receiving an error message when I try to upload a file using my MyPages or HTML Pages. What can I do?
- Invalid File Type:
If you receive this error message, it is likely that you are attempting to upload the wrong file type to this page. HTMLPages and MyPages are specifically designed to allow you to post your own HTML files to the site. Files can only be uploaded to these pages if the file ends with the extention .htm or .html.
If you are uploading an HTML file and you still receive the error message, check the file name to remove all spaces, periods (other than the period in the file extent: .htm), or other unusual punctuation. Special characters such as this can sometimes cause problems when they appear in a file name.
- Password Invalid or Password Mismatch:
Try clicking on the Submit button with the mouse rather than hitting Enter after typing the password. Additionally, be sure you are using the latest version of your web browser.
- Other Error Messages:
If you receive a different error message, or if the above information does not help, please open up a support ticket and and include the following details:
- The type of computer you are using (Mac or PC).
- The web browser you are using (Firefox 188.8.131.52, Internet Explorer 6.0, etc.)
- Are you uploading from a home computer or a school computer?
- What is the file name of the file? What is the file size?
- What is the text of the error message you receive?
Please also include the file itself as an attachment to your message.