Your site's Update Index is the "command center" of your website. From here, you can make all general changes (anything other than edits to individual pages), as well as access the Update section of any page.
In the Classic (and Classic Frame) setup, click the bottom divider line of any page other than your Home page to access your Update Index.
In the Template Design setup, click the TeacherWeb copyright info that reads "© 2009 TeacherWeb, Inc." to access your Update Index.
The Update Index is separated into five main sections: Update Index, Page Settings, Site Settings, Messages, and My Account. Here is a summary of the functions you will find in each section:
This is the default section that displays when you go to your Update Index. Here, you can add new pages, delete pages, edit your pages' options, and more.
Active Pages tab
- Reorder Pages button. Click this button to change the order of the site's pages. On the resulting page, you will see "Move" buttons for each page. Click and drag the Move button to change a page's position in the list. When done, click Save Page Order to save the changes, or click Cancel Page Reorder to return to the Update Index view without applying changes.
- Edit Page Settings buttons. This button allows you to modify general settings for a page. You can:
- Edit the page name text
- Allow the page to be updated with your Alternate Password
- Password-protect viewing of any page
- Choose whether to display or hide the page
- Select a graphic to appear at the top of the page
- Select a graphic to appear at the bottom of the page
- Select a media file (audio or video) to appear at the top of the page
- Select a media file (audio or video) to appear at the bottom of the page
- Delete buttons. Allows you to delete a page. Deleted pages can be restored later.
- View links. Click to view the page's View page.
- Update links. Click to view the page's Update page.
- Add New Page button. Allows you to add new pages to your site.
Deleted Pages tab
Allows you to restore deleted pages.
Allows you to create and manage Calendar Events. Click here for more information on this feature.
- Add Event: Create new Calendar Events.
- Manage Events: View a list of your existing Calendar Events.
Upload files, delete files, and view your uploaded files. For more information on uploading, see these articles:
Uploading Media Files
Uploading HTML Files
Allows you to manage preferences and settings for your NewsFlash pages.
- Manage Options. Here, you can update your preferences for allowing users to add themselves to your NewsFlash page's lists.
- Manage Subscribers. Here, you can add new subscribers to your NewsFlash list for each page, edit your list, and delete entripes from the list if needed.
Allows you to create, update, and import Grade information for your Grades pages.
Allows you to create Number Block and Word Search puzzles.
Look & Feel:
Allows you to change the style of your site.
- Under "Design Style", you can select one of our many Template Designs, or change your site to Classic or Classic Frame style.
- Under "Color Themes", you can select one of the color options for the style you selected. Most Template styles have 1-3 color themes to choose from. Classic and Classic Frame webs have many color theme options.
- Preview Window: a preview will display here after you select your Design Style and Color Theme.
Background: (Classic and Classic Frame only)
Allows you to select a Background image for your site. You can use a graphic from the TeacherWeb library, or your own uploaded image.
Divider Line: (Classic and Classic Frame only)
Allows you to select a Divider Line image for your site. You can use a graphic from the TeacherWeb library, or your own uploaded image.
Email Link Icon: (Classic and Classic Frame only)
Allows you to select an image for your Email Link Icon. You can use a graphic from the TeacherWeb library, or your own uploaded image.
School Link Icon: (Classic and Classic Frame only)
Allows you to select an image for your School Link Icon. You can use a graphic from the TeacherWeb library, or your own uploaded image.
Customize Fonts: (Classic and Classic Frame only)
Allows you to select your own fonts for text in various areas of your Home page and View pages.
Displays a month-by-month record of the usage of each of your site's pages.
Allows you to make general changes that affect your Home page and other areas of the site.
- Display Name: Allows you to edit the Name/Title text that appears at the top of your pages.
- Email Name: Allows you to edit the text of the Email link as it appears in your site's navigation bars.
- Email Link: Allows you to choose whether or not to display an email link on your site.
- School Link: Allows you to choose whether or not to display a school link on your site.
- School Web Site Address: Allows you to set the target web address of the School Link.
- Visit Counter: Allows you to choose whether or not to display a Visit Counter in your site.
- Reset Counter: Allows you to reset the counter to any number you choose.
- Top Banner Color: Allows you to change your top banner color. (Classic and Classic Frame only)
- Bottom Banner Color: Allows you to change your bottom banner color. (Classic and Classic Frame only)
- Marquee: Allows you to create and edit a scrolling marquee at the top of your pages. (Classic and Classic Frame only)
- Home Page Background Color: Allows you to change your Home page background color. (Classic only)
- Select Home Page Style: Allows you to set your home page to post both text and graphics, or only text or only graphics.
- Number of Graphic Icons Per Row: Allows you to group your Home page icons in 3, 4, or 5 icons per row. (Classic only)
- Footnotes: Allows you to create and edit Footnote text at the bottom of your Home page. (Classic only)
- Hide Update Pages: Allows you to set up your site so that a password is required to access all Update pages. See http://support.teacherweb.com/index.php?action=kb&article=108 for more information on this feature.
Displays an online copy of any emails that are sent to you through your site.
In some cases, emails are submitted successfully but fail to be received due to a local email issue. This can be due to a spam filter, a mistyped email address, a full mailbox, etc. You can check the Messages tab to access a complete record of all emails submitted through the site, so that you can still view the messages if you are experiencing a local email problem such as this.
Allows you to edit the First Name, Last Name, and Email Address associated with your account.
Displays your site's current expiration date and payment history.
Make A Payment:
Allows you to submit payment information. You can pay by credit card, or you can enter an account code if you have one.
Allows you to edit your passwords, including:
- Main Password: This is the master password you use to update your pages.
- Alternate Password: This password can be used to update individual pages selected by you. Click here for more information on this feature.
- Viewer Code: This password is used to access password-protected pages.
Generates a printable handout which you can use to distribute your web address to parents and students.
Update Billing Information:
Allows you to update your credit card billing information and preferences. Allows you to turn automatic billing on and off.
In addition to the five sections listed above, the Update Index includes some other options at the top of the page:
My Home: This link takes you to your site's Home page.
Log Out: This link logs you out of the Update Index. You will need to enter your password to log back into the Update Index.
Help: This link takes you to the TeacherWeb Support page.